Allotment review

Last year I was gifted a notebook and decided to keep track of my successes and failures each week. It started this time last year and I would like to share what I wrote with you. 

Sprouted: French and African marigold, zinnia, sweetpeas, Dianthus, tomatoes, lettuce, beans.

Successes:
Built greenhouse  (2nd attempt as first one was savaged by the 70mph winds the week before).

Potatoes are now planted with organic fertiliser added to the trenches

4 beds have been weeded. 2 covered with clear plastic and 2 with fleece.

2 beds have been planted with wild flower seeds.

Improvements needed:
Ran out of staples for the staple gun but the nearest Homebase is 20 mins drive away.

Weevil grubs killed all the strawbs so no bumper crop this year

Everything takes at least 3 times longer than expected when you build it by hand.

Running out of wood fast and 2 seater car doesn’t fit whole pallets in.

I did not account for how much room each plant takes up. I need to replan the allotment layout.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s